Schools for all
From a single school by the church lych gates for 12 children paid for by the Lord of the Manor in 1835, schools were established in all the villages as the populations grew.
This is a photo of Mr Wm Mountenay who was Master at the original school in 1857 as well as at his own boarding school on Hilcote Lane.